Jiffy has been designed and loaded with features to make life easier for Internet café owners and administrators.
Monitoring and Management Features
- Jiffy Application Server starts automatically as a service upon system start up – no need to manually start it.
- Connect to your café from anywhere, anytime using just a web-browser
- Manage multiple sites remotely from a single location
- Generate, activate and print customer tickets in batches or on-demand using a suitable POS printer
- Create and manage password-protected customer accounts
- Permanent view of all computers and their status
- See (and close) all applications – window title and program file name – opened by users on all computers.
- Shutdown/Restart one or more computers
- Lock/Unlock one or more computers
- Send messages to currently logged-on customers
- Monitor and bill/charge for printing activity
- Schedule automatic database backups
- Backup/Restore database
- Remove old data to trim the size of the database
Customer Loyalty Feature (Optional)
- Various categories of customer tickets with different monetary values and rates
- Create customer accounts with different rates
- Special day/night-time rates e.g. Happy Hour, weekly rates e.g. every Sunday, monthly rates e.g. the 1st day of every month and yearly rates e.g. every Dec. 25
- Special rates for different computers
- Usage Rules for additional restrictions on ticket/account usage
- Points awarded to account holders for positive payments made into their accounts
- Redemption of loyalty points (free additional units) upon loyalty realisation.
Reports and Logs
- The database is encrypted and passwords are stored as hashed text
- Employee accounts can be created and granted a set of permissions (over twenty-five of them) either in groups or individually.
- Fully audited employee activity to ascertain who did what and when it was done
- Lock-station feature – station is locked upon customer reaching the number of consecutive unsuccessful login attempts (optional)
- Automatically start Microsoft Windows with any given Microsoft Windows’ user account (by default a user account with ‘User’ privileges is created by Jiffy) to enforce the security settings of that particular user account.
- Apply and enforce specific Windows’ policies
- Allow only specific programs to run
- Generate/View reports and logs
- Comprehensive report and log filtering options – by date, Ticket ID, Account ID, station, etc
- Subscribe to and receive specific reports via e-mail on schedule
- Schedule the sending of account status reports to account holders via e-mail
- Create and save reports so as not to lose important data when you delete old data